Implant Training for Nurses South East
15th May and 16th Oct 2023 | Cambridge
Become confident in assisting in implant treatment
We are please to sponsor this one day implant course for nurses in conjunction with Devonshire House. This longstanding course will help you become confident in assisting and supporting your dentist in implant procedures. Whether you are new to implant nursing, or already experienced, this course will enable you to achieve a greater understanding of your role during implant placement and increase both your confidence and competence.
This hands-on course entitles you to 7 hours of verifiable CPD and provides you with opportunity to assist in live implant placement as well as learning the required theoretical procedures and protocols.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To introduce you to dental implant surgery in general practice.
To provide you with the knowledge and confidence to assist and support an implant procedure.
- To learn how to carry out full draping techniques required for implant placement and adhering to COVID-19 protocols.
- To assist in live implant placement procedures and postoperative cleaning and maintenance protocols of the instruments.
- This course incorporates hands-on learning and the theoretical side of implant nursing, combined with an opportunity to assist in live surgery and to see the day-to-day running of our Specialist Dental Referral Centre at Devonshire House.
- Planning and documentation
- Patient preparation and care
- Set up of surgery instruments
- Gowning and gloving techniques
- Hands-on draping procedure
- Cross-infection control, decontamination and asepsis
- Hands on implant placement of dummy implants on models
- Observation and assistance of implant placement
- Operatory clear-up
You will gain 7 hours of verifiable CPD at this event.
15th May 2023 from 9am -5pm
16th October 2023 from 9am -5pm
Devonshire House Dental Practice Copley and Queen Edith's Way practices.
Training by Devonshire House Nurses and Specialist Prosthodontists.
£275 inc. VAT
DOCUMENTATION TO BE PROVIDED
- GDC certificate
- Indemnity insurance
- DBS certificate
- Hep B immunisation
- Covid vaccine records
If you are unwell for any reason it is better to not attend the course. If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19 please take a lateral flow test the night before and do not attend if you have a positive result.
What you will need on the day
Please bring your:
- Dental nurse uniform
- Surgical mask and visor to wear in surgery
- Appropriate footwear for the afternoon clinical session.